|Elk Grove Mayor Jim Cooper|
Makes large charitable donations
During the first six months of 2012, Mayor Jim Cooper raised $28,045 for his reelection to what would be a record setting fourth term on the Elk Grove City Council.
In addition to these funds, Cooper had a previous balance of $17,308 and concluded the filing period that ended on June 30 with $31,772.
Among Cooper's largest contributions were the following:
* MV Transportation $4,500
* California real Estate PAC $3,500
* Sheldon Business Park $2,500
* Kammerer Ranch LLC $2,500
* Schetter Electric Co. $1,750
* Gil Moore Oil Co. $1,000
* Feletto Development Co. $1,000 * Northern California Carpenters Regional Council $1,000
* Sacramento Building Trades Council $1,000
* Sheet Metal Workers International Local 162 $1,000
* M & H Realty Partners $1,000
* Christo Bardis $1,000
The filing also revealed that Cooper, a long time youth sports advocate, donated $4,500 to the Sacramento Youth Soccer League and $1,000 to the Woodland Soccer League. Cooper also donated $1,000 to the Sacramento Children's Chorus.