Traffic Advisory Issued in Elk Grove For Women's Amgen Tour
May 12, 2017 |
From the City of Elk Grove |
The City of Elk Grove will implement temporary traffic controls across southeast Elk Grove on Saturday, May 13 for the Stage 3 Start of the Amgen Breakaway from Heart Disease Women’s Race Empowered with SRAM, part of the Amgen Tour of California.
Traffic Delays & Detours: A traffic plan has been created and road closures and detours will be in effect from approximately 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Roadways will be re-opened as the peloton leaves the city.
Closures for the race affect both directions of traffic on the roadways noted below*:
· Elk Grove Florin Rd from Valley Oak Ln to East Stockton Blvd.
· Valley Oak Ln from Elk Grove Florin Rd to East Stockton Blvd.
· E Stockton Blvd from Valley Oak Lane to Grant Line Road
· Grant Line Road from Waterman Road to Hwy 99
· Kammerer Road from Lent Ranch Parkway to Highway 99
· Promenade Parkway/West Stockton Blvd from Kammerer Road to Laguna Grove Drive
· Whitelock Parkway from West Stockton Blvd to Franklin Blvd
· Franklin Blvd from Blossom Ridge Drive to Bilby Road
· Big Horn Boulevard at Whitelock Parkway
· Bruceville Road at Terrazzo Drive to Poppy Ridge Road
· Highway 99 on ramps and off ramps at Grant Line/Kammerer will also be shut down
* Residential streets along these roadways will also be affected.
Alternative Routes: Elk Grove Boulevard and Laguna/Bond Road will remain open for motorists travelling east and westbound during the event. Motorists attempting to travel north or south near the event should expect 15 to 30 minute delays.
Preferred Viewing Spots: For those who don’t live along the route, the City has identified preferred viewing spots with available parking along the route. On-street parking on the route will be prohibited and vehicles in violation will be towed. Please plan to arrive at these locations before the road closes at 9:30 a.m.:
· Elk Grove Regional Park (Starting Line)
· Elizabeth Pinkerton Middle School – 8365 Whitelock Parkway
· Toby Johnson Middle School – 10099 Franklin High Road
· Franklin High School – 6400 Whitelock Parkway
· CRC Elk Grove Extension – 10051 Big Horn Boulevard
For details about the event and the Lifestyle Festival taking place at Elk Grove Regional Park, visit www.elkgrovecity.org. For questions or concerns before or during the event, please contact the City’s Public Affairs Manager, Kristyn Nelson at (916) 478-2206 or email@example.com.