November 27, 2015 |
Starting today through December 24, Elk Grove Police will increase the number of officers on patrol in local shopping centers. The increased presence will allow officers to focus on suspicious activity occurring in and around shopping centers, which historically have experienced a seasonal increase in criminal activity.
Officers will be patrolling local shopping areas throughout Elk Grove as part of a proactive approach designed to reduce crime, increase visibility and educate the community on how to be more careful, prepared and aware during the holiday shopping season. These patrols will be conducted by officers in marked patrol vehicles, unmarked vehicles and on foot.
As a reminder, the Elk Grove Police Department would like to provide the following holiday safety tips:
• Keep packages and other valuables in the car trunk and out of sight.
• Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
• Carry a purse under your arm with the strap across your body.
• Put wallets in an inside pocket of your jacket or front pants pocket.
• Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings at all times.
• If shopping after dark, shop with a friend if possible.
• Always park your car in a well-lit area.
• Always check the interior of your car before you unlock the door to get in.
• Lock your car doors and windows even if you are only gone for a few minutes.
00:30 | 0 comments |