March 5, 2015 |
California Assembly Member Jim Cooper (D-Elk Grove) learned today what his committee assignments will be for this legislative session.
The first term Assembly Member was assigned by Speaker Toni Atkins to 10 committees. Those committees include the following:
- Career Technical Education and Building a 21st Century Workforce
- Craft Brewing and Distilling
- Foster Care
- Local Emergency Preparedness
- Mental and Behavioral Health and Proposition 63 Implementation
- Regional Approaches to Addressing the State’s Water Crisis
- Urban Rivers and Streams
- Youth and California’s Future
"Many involve issues important to my district and subjects I am passionate about such as education, public safety and helping small businesses thrive,” Cooper said. “I look forward to actively participating on the select committees and further exploring these important issues.”
In addition to these committees, last month Atkins assigned Cooper to chair a select committee on Community and Law Enforcement Relations and Responsibilities.
17:00 | 0 comments |