Fertile Grounds - Elk Grove well-rated for real estate investment appreciation

Zillow report for 95757 12-month housing appreciation forecast. 

A study released today by the personal finance website WalletHub.com rating the best American real estate markets ranked Elk Grove in the top 20 percent of mid-size cities.

Of the 99 mid-size cities rated by WalletHub, Elk Grove was ranked 19th and 43 among all 300 locations. First place for all and mid-size cities was Frisco, Tx. Last was Shreveport, La.

In determining the rankings, 80 percent of the ranking weight were 10 items, including data from Zillow.com showing expected appreciation, foreclosure rate, and building permit activity. The other 20 percent was affordability and economic activity, including unemployment rates, population growth, and consumer credit scores.

As noted by WalletHub;
If you aim for long-term growth, equity and profit with your housing purchase, you’ll need to look beyond tangible factors like square footage and style. Those factors certainly drive up property values. From an investor’s standpoint, though, they hold less significance than historical market trends and the economic health of residents.
Interestingly, the Zillow data for appreciation evaluation was from May 2022, when forecasts for Elk Grove showed double-digit growth. A Zillow study released this week on Elk Grove's 95757 zip code forecast a 12-month .01 percent price decline.

You may not like us, but here you are!
Follow us on Twitter @ElkGroveNews
Follow us on YouTube
Copyright by Elk Grove News © 2022. All right reserved.


Community News 7457040069763204714

Post a Comment Default Comments

1 comment

D.J. Blutarsky said...

If you tilt your ear to the east, you can hear the clink of Ouzo glasses in Granite Bay celebrating their dirt-to-riches success in Elk Grove! Those campaign investments have surely paid off and the poor working stiffs who over-paid for their big boxes and high Mello-Roos/CFD assessments are left holding the bag. Cheers!  

Follow Us



Elk Grove News Minute

All previous Elk Grove News Minutes, interviews, and Dan Schmitt's Ya' Gotta be Schmittin' Me podcasts are now available on iTunes

Elk Grove News Podcast