|Elk Grove mayoral candidate Gary Davis|
Has over $100k in warchest
During the first six months of 2012, Elk Grove Council Member Gary Davis raised $59,494 in his bid to become the city's first directly elected mayor.
In addition to these funds, Davis had a previous balance of $50,396 and concluded the filing period that ended on June 30 with $104,367.
Among Davis' largest contributions were the following:
* Fabian Nunez for Treasurer 2014 $5,000
* UFCW $5,000
* Willdan Engineering $4,000
* Schetter Electric $4,000
* Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 447 Political Fund $2,500
* Gil Moore Oil Company $$2,500
* Sacramento Builders Exchange $$2,000
* CREPAC #890106 $1,500
* John Campbell $1,000
* John Reynen $1,250
* Vintara Holdiongs, LLC $1,000
* Sheet Metal Workers Local 104 $1,000
* Kammerer Ranch LLC $1,000
* Angelo Tsakopolous $1,000
During the six month period Davis reported expenses of $5,522.
One of seven mayoral candidates, Davis has significantly outpaced his opponents in fundraising. Among the three opponents who were required to report for the first six months, Jerry Braxmeyer came closest to Davis by raising $14,321 and loaned his campaign $8,599.