Create Fresh, Authentic Mexican Flavor with Mangos
January 18, 2017 | (Family Features) Many foods are delicious, some invite cravings and a few inspire passion. In traditional Mex...
January 18, 2017 |
- 1 ripe mango, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup jicama, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red pomegranate seeds, for garnish (optional)
- In medium bowl, mix mango, jicama, onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add avocado and mash until soft. Add mango mixture to avocado and mix. Top with cilantro and pomegranate seeds, if desired, and serve with tortilla chips.